Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yo yo yo, ya ya ya. Introduction time...

So I decided to start a blog. There are many things that go through my head that I need to get out. I think this will be the best way to do that. First a little about me.

I was born into a Jehovah's Witness family. For 19 years I associated myself with the Jehovah's Witnesses. I was never baptized so I couldn't really call myself a JW. When I was 17 I started to study with a JW so I could get baptized. I had many doubts but I kept them private. After I graduated high school I moved away from home. I had a hard time staying in that religion. My doubts started eating at me. So I decided to stop attending meetings and decided to do my own thing. When I was 19 I moved back home. At 20 years old I got married and had a kid. Now at 23 I have two sons, one is almost 3 and the other is 5 months old. About 6 months ago or maybe even earlier I found this site: http://xjwnet.ning.com/. This site helped me with my research on the bible and my doubts about God. Now I am an atheist. Until recently I was very private about it. My wife is a christian and sometimes we get into very heated debates. I have decided to be open about being an atheist. I am very proud of it. This blog may not be all about being an atheist but I will write about it. This whole blog thing is new to me so bear with me. It will be a fun experience for me.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear more of your story. I was a Baptist minister's wife before getting a divorce and becoming an atheist, so I understand the agony that can come with this. I see you haven't updated in awhile, so I don't even know if you'll get this, but if you do, I hope you will share more soon!

    ReplyDelete